Tuesday 3 March 2015

Top 5 products for oily skin

Having oily skin is something I’ve had to deal with for as long as I can remember, which means I’ve had plenty of time to try out lots of different products and see which ones actually do what they claim to.



Clearasil All in One Wash & Mask

I use this product every morning, and then once a week I use it as a face mask – leaving it on for around 10 minutes. It helps control my shine without drying out my skin, evens out my skin tone and gets rid of any nasty spots that I may have. It’s a little more expensive than other high street brands, but the results are definitely worth it.


Garnier Spot Purifying Toner

Using this on a night after I’ve removed all my makeup tightens up my skin, targets specific problems areas (such as redness or blemishes) and reduces the amount of oil my skin produces overnight. I use the intensive one, but that may be too harsh on those with sensitive skin, in which case I would suggest a similar product that doesn’t include alcohol or any other ingredients that could cause irritation.

Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturiser

As well as controlling shine, this product helps combat spots, redness and any other marks or blemishes. I use this in the morning after I’ve washed my face, and it reduces the amount of oil my skin would normally produce a lot more than any other products I’ve tried. It also means I usually don’t have to use primer to keep my makeup in place on a day-to-day basis.

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

Even though the moisturiser I use means I don’t use primer every day, if I’m going on a night out or the weather it particularly hot, I tend to need a little extra help with shine control. I love the Stay Matte range from Rimmel, and the primer provides a good, smooth base for makeup as well as keeping it in place all day.

Boots Oil-Absorbing Sheets


This product is useful if, even though you’ve used every other product on this list, your face still somehow produces oil. If you find that, after a couple of hours, your skin is shiny again, use one of these sheets and dab it on the problem area. They’re better than powdering again, as they don’t wipe off your makeup in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment